Clothing Bins – Spring Cleaning
Do your Spring Cleaning and Help KC’s Special Needs Kids
This is a big time of year for moving, graduating, and spring cleaning – or maybe you’re a fan of Marie Kondo and her tidying up phenomenon. All good reasons to clean out your closets. Now, just by purging your old clothing, you can help Variety KC to serve kids with special needs in our area.
What happens to your donation? Donations are sold to textile graders and thrift stores in need of product the funds from the sale help local Variety KC kids and families.
There are 21 Donation Bin Locations around the KC metro
- 6 in the northland at UMB and HyVee Variety partners
- 6 in the East side between Lees Summit and Blue Springs
- 7 in Kansas area HyVee stores
- 2 in S. KC area (Belton & Stateline UMB)
Tips for donating:
- The best way to donate is to bag up your clothing shoes belts purses hats in the smaller kitchen size trash bags tie the bag and go. This helps because some of the donation doors openings are smaller than others and the smaller bags always fit. 50-gallon contractor bags tend not to fit in the shoot.
- The Silver Variety donation bins make up a small percentage of bins in the metro, but the locations are high traffic safe areas. To drop donations, we recommend using bins that are in high traffic areas for safety and ease.
- Wearable clothing for the whole family is always welcome.
- Leaving things outside bins diminishes the value if it gets wet or rummaged. If at all possible, leave the bag in your car for a day and simply call the number on the bin – and helps keep KC clean and organized!
For more information, contact VarietyKC@gmail.com.